Our Locations San Diego, CA – Santee, CA – Alpine, CA
Gold Coast Flood Restorations San Diego CA
Call Us Today for a Free Mold Assessment
Have you had water damage in your home? If you have there is a very high probability that you may also have a mold problem. Mold thrives in moist areas and it’s food to grow and sustain it’s colony is often the structural items of your house such as cellulose-based materials, like wood, cardboard, and the paper facing on both sides of drywall, plus all other kinds of organic matter.
Mold can produce allergens and toxic irritants that can be a danger to your health. It is a serious environmental hazard and you will want a certified specialist that has training and experience to correctly clear up the mold infestation. If you suspect that your San Diego home or business has a mold issue, Gold Coast Flood Restorations can quickly inspect your home, assess the extent of the mold growth and any damage and begin mold remediation.
Effective Mold Remediation San Diego CA
Most houses and businesses in San Diego have mold. If you do have mold. Don’t panic yet. It might not be a major problem. As mentioned, all homes have some mold. If it’s a modest area, typically less than 10 square feet, and not that we recommend this, but you may be able to do-it-yourself.
That said, a professional team is more likely to find all of the mold in your house because they have the knowledge and equipment to do it and because much of mold lies in hidden or seldom seen places. If you have mold in an area that is more than 10 square feet, don’t take the health risk and call a professional restoration company such as Gold Coast Flood Restorations for effective mold remediation today.
Do You Have Mold Problems? Click to Call (858) 495-9133
Here are 3 vital tips to help you find the right mold remediation specialist.
Mold growth occurs when conditions are favorable. These conditions include:
- Moisture – This can come from too much relative humidity of 50% or higher., a leaky pipe, or a water intrusion from a roof leak, an open window or from flooding due to a storm.
- Right Temperature – Most mold species grow in temperatures ranging from 59º to 95º F (15º to 35° C), although there are molds which will grow at almost freezing and others which thrive at over 150º F. The average optimum for mold growth is usually stated to be in the vicinity of 86° F. Freezing mold does not kill mold spores or mold colonies—they become dormant waiting for warm temperatures and access to moisture to grow again.
- Food – Mold will feed on wood, paper, cotton, cardboard, fabrics and leather. Drywall with its paper coating on both sides offers ideal food for mold spores. Mold can grow in dirt or dust if the conditions are right.
- Time – Mold growth can occur in 24-48 hours, after a water damage incident, or it may take as long as 10 days, depending on the conditions.
- Stagnant Air – Insufficient ventilation contributes to moisture buildup.
Step #1 – Call Gold Flood Restorations today for a Mold Assessment (858) 536-4161
It is always a good idea to have a mold remediation specialist take a look at your mold removal problem and give you an assessment.
“Great company, fast service, and really solid crew. I would recommend them to any of my friends – the work was top notch and they kept me informed every step of the way.” Heather S
Gold Coast Flood Restorations in San Diego, CA
Gold Coast Flood Restorations is a family owned mold remediation and flood restoration company serving San Diego, Poway and San Diego County We can help you diagnose your water damage issues, assess mold problems, and fix your water damage and mold problems right the first time.
9909 Hibert Street
Mold Remediation and Cleanup San Diego, CA
Right before we commence mold cleanup in your home, we initially need to find out why mold is there and repair the issue resulting in the mold growth. This will call for a comprehensive inspection. Fungi (or mold) need a source of moisture, a provider of organic matter, and proper temperature. Areas inside your home that have poor air flow and a source of moisture are likely spots for mold development.
When the source of the water intrusion and the food resource have been discovered, they ought to be taken care of to prevent future mold growth. We will either ventilate or eliminate the source of moisture. We will also check to see what building materials such as carpets, flooring or drywall may need to be removed and replaced.
What type of mold and where it is located determines how mold cleanup will be completed. Your water damage and mold specialists will know the best way to do this based on these conditions.
Are You Selling or Buying a Home? Call Gold Coast Flood & Mold
(mold inspection info here)