Sewage Backups can cause severe health threats! It is important to contact a knowledgeable restoration company in San Diego at the first sign of a sewage issue. There are over 120 different viruses that can be found in human feces and urine that you and your family can be exposed to in the event of a sewage backup.
How to Prevent a Sewage Backup
- Waterproofing the building foundation and/or sealing cracks in foundation floor or walls;
- Installation of a check valve or shut-off valve on the building sewer close to where it enters the structure, which will protect your home from sewage back-ups due to surcharging conditions in the municipal sewerage system (you must check with the proper sewer authority prior to taking this action!!); and
- Raising or removing any sink, toilet, washing machine, etc. in the basement that may be subject to backups when the sewer system surcharges.
Pro-active measures include:
- Purchasing or installing a pump (e.g. sump pump) to pump out water that collects in the low point of the basement or structure;
- Ensure that building gutter downspouts and drains are directed away from the foundation and toward low points away from the home;
- To the extent possible, keep furniture and valuables above flood levels where flooding has previously occurred; and
- If minor flooding occurs, follow the water to its point-of-entry and seal cracks or defects to the extent possible.
For more information about the effects of water damages, contact us at 888-373-9243 or read the articles listed below:
Sewage Backup Solutions in Santee and San Diego CA
Sewage backups and other sewage related issues are not normal hot topics of conversation among homeowners. Often as homeowners we look at the interior and….(Click Here To Read Article)