Toxic Black Mold and It’s Hidden Dangers

Toxic Black Mold growth in La Mesa CABlack mold – the often invisible, toxigenic substance – can grow inside homes, schools, and the workplace undetected for years and fueled by damp conditions.

Exposure to mold increases the risk of health problems such as asthma, allergies, and even depression. According to a 1999 Mayo Clinic Study, nearly all chronic sinus infections, which afflict 37 million Americans and are often mistaken for the common cold, are a result of mold exposure.

Allergic reactions to molds are not seasonal, and can happen throughout the year. Use the following guide to find out how to spot toxic black mold mold as well as how to determine if your chronic health condition was caused by mold exposure.

Silent, Often Invisible, and Dangerous
Molds are often referred to as black mold, although color and composition vary. Some molds can be seen and touched, even ingested, and that can cause irritation.

Generally speaking, mold grows where the air is humid. Most will not cause harm, but in large quantities, or when the conditions are right for the mold to produce toxins, adverse health conditions can result.

Hidden Mold

Mold hides in places like cabinets, basements and crawl spaces, in drywall, and areas with water damage. Bathrooms and kitchens can be breeding ground for mold spores, because of water use and lack of proper ventilation.

It may appear as mildew on a shower curtain. Yet some of the most dangerous types of mold are invisible, are airborne and go undetected, thereby lengthening exposure time and causing the most harmful health problems associated with mold.

Toxins can affect the body’s central nervous system as well as the immune system, and molds are in the toxin category. When the body is confronted with toxins, its functions are compromised, specifically those located in the frontal cortex, where problem-solving, memory, and impulses are controlled.

– See more at: