Why Toxic Mold Remediation is Important to Your Health

Why San Diego Flood Restoration for Toxic Mold Remediation

is Important to Your Health

If you are living in an area where the relative humidity is above 55%, or if you have
experienced a flood in your home then you are very much exposed to health risks from
mold and other dangerously harmful contagions.

Proper San Diego flood restoration involves water extraction and requires knowledge
and expertise in making sure all the proper safety procedures and preservation techniques
are used. No home owner wants to come home to a flooded house that is growing mold.
However, prompt attention and care from a professional San Diego flood restoration and
San Diego mold remediation company can ensure that mold growth and the related health
hazards from a flood are eliminated.

Stachybotrys Chartarum is a greenish-black fungi found worldwide that grows really well
in high-cellulose material such as straw, hay, wet leaves, dry wall, carpet, wall paper,
fiber-board, ceiling tiles, thermal insulation, etc. The mold fungus, before drying, is wet
and slightly slimy to touch.

Stachybotrys mold is considered a toxic mold and is a major health risk to you and your
family.

Contrary to popular belief, this type of mold does not grow on plastic, vinyl, concrete
products, or ceramic tiles. Neither is it found in the green mold on bread or in the black
mold on shower tiles.

This dangerous mold should be a major concern, especially in areas where major flooding
has occurred. The problem is that the existence of this type of mold not only includes
residential and commercial area flood incidents, but also numerous minor water releases
due to plumbing failures, conductive condensation, house water leaks and accidental
spills.

For some people, exposure to the toxic mold spores may be a minor medical risk. To
others, it may be a serious health hazard, with life threatening results. There will be some
people, especially children, which will exhibit more adverse reactions than other persons
exposed to the toxic mold. Some of these reactions will include lung tissue damage,
memory loss and even death.

This may also depend on the chemical sensitivity, genetic disposition, and predisposing
health history.

Currently, most health organizations consider exposure to this harmful mold a health
risk hazard. Keep in mind that most responses leading to testing, investigations, and
abatement of the toxic mold are due directly to occupant complaints or documented
detrimental health effects. Therefore the actual cases of toxic mold and mold related

injuries could be very much higher.

Don’t become a lost statistic. If you had a flood in your home, even a small flood, or you
have mold growing indoors, then please contact a local San Diego flood restoration and/
or San Diego mold remediation company near you.

 

For more information, contact your San Diego mold remediation specialists 24 hours a day at 888-373-9243 or email us at [email protected] .